Saved the best jazz 4 last

Yes, we really did save the best jazz for last. Tonight it was very relaxing with beautiful people who came out to close the festival with us. The Rumors lounge in hotel Krasnapolsky was set in the perfect ambiance and captured every visitor that stepped in.

Again Bruut! did a great job. The energy and fun that they had on stage found its way to the crowd. They were enjoying it so much that I had to ask for an encore. As tired as they were, I understood later that they had a hectic day, they did put the same amount of energy in every song. And as I said on stage -I was the mc of the night- in the past days, they really won not only the ears of music lovers but also their hearts. We will certainly miss the men in suits.

Part of the public in Rumors / Hotel Krasnapolsky.
The last two hours of the nights were in the hands of the musicians that came out to close the festival with a jam. It was the youth that first took the stage. They were jazzing themselves into the hearts and ears of the visitors. So much, they didn't want to leave. I had to go up to the mic and explain who they are and how they got there. From there on the night kept getting better and better.

"This is my first night and I wish that I had visited earlier. I love the atmosphere and the prices at the bar are really great. I salute the board for setting up such a great festival. I already look forward to next year." That's a reaction from a visitor that was standing at the bar with a cold Parbo Beer in his hand. And he said the words I was hearing for the past days and tonight. We are very glad that the festival went smooth. To be honest, there were a few things we had to solve, but we made sure that you as the public didn't have to witness that. And from the sound of it, we succeeded.

Gordon, Stephen & Randell at the end of the jam.
Randell, Stephen, Gordon, Rolinzo, Jair & Prayanswer made sure we ended the festival on a high note at 00.45. We as a board are happy. Happy that we could bring you five days of great jazz music. We are thanking our sponsors, musicians, and the public. Without you, this festival wouldn't be the success it is now. So please, join us again next year. We will be around again in the last week of October 2014.

But also come back here regularly, because I heard Jan, Charlene, Sergio and Jean-luc whispering stuff about in between jazz events. I don't know what they are up to, but I guess I will find out. And if I do, so will you.

In the meantime, keep the jazz alive and kicking. I know we will.
And please feel free to leave a comment.

Jazzy odi,
Roseternal

Pictures by: Peter Thielen/BNO
For more pictures on all the five days of the jazz festival, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Het lied "Zestien April" is een echte traditional

De diepzinnige teksten van Kasekolegende Iwan Esseboom

Johan 'Sjam' Blom: The Number One Showman